Thursday, March 22, 2007

Today's post, brought to you by Fountains of Wayne

Now, this blog should be totally devoted to my running. So in essence, there shouldn't be any teen angst posts about how the world is against me. But, I guess, that's a big part of MY running. Not all the time, but you know, on those days when I think the world is out to get me.

Running and I have been through hard times before. The past week has been rather tough and even though running makes you feel better, I just want it to go away. I'd much rather just lay in bed and feel sorry for myself. That's the easy path I guess.

But, as I got up this morning I realized I have a lot of stuff to get ready for and feeling sorry for myself does nothing but make matters worse.

I made a plan a week ago to start doing two a days. It lasted for a few days and then fell by the wayside. Since I missed my opportunity for a morning run today, I'm going to start back on the right foot tomorrow.

I believe I will kick the run off with "A Bright Future in Sales" by the Fountains of Wayne. For those of you who aren't familiar with this ditty, its basically says "I've gotta get my shit together, cause I can't live like this forever. You know I've come too far and I don't want to fail. I've got a new computer and bright future in sales." Check it out.

4 comments:

Anne said...

Ah, Fountains of Wayne. A staple on WBCN and WBRU, at least back in the day I lived in MA. Especially that song "Denise." I'll have to check this one out. Thanks for the heads-up.

Anonymous said...

Well, I am downing Kentucky Bourbon and can't dial the phone right now.

Oh, but I do think it's good that running works as a good therapy for more people than just me. I love it.

Hollywood said...

Curtis, we've talked about this. No running and drinking. Just kidding, I love that song.

Tiffany said...

Did someone say Kentucky Bourbon?!?!

I will bring the mint for juleps!!