Wednesday, March 21, 2007

March 19th and 20th (1 mile and 9 miles)

What can I say, I've been nothing but gloomy the past few days. Monday was a cross training day, so I jumped some rope while watching Sunday's episode of "The Amazing Race." Rob and Amber, you are missed. I don't really know who I want to cheer for anymore. My cohort in crime loves Charla and Mirna, but I dispise them. I hate to get behind a frat boy. You know what, I'm taking the Danny and Oswald train to the end. I hope that they win. They're so nice and fun.

Tuesday I was really upset to wake up and discovered that we had no electricity. This put a big wrench in my plans. Without electricity, we don't have internet and without internet I can't look for a job and without looking for a job I feel like I'm letting my cancer ridden father down. So you see, I was not in the greatest state of mind. So, I just sat around the house waiting for the electricity to come back on.

True, I could have gone to a Wifi cafe or hit the gym, but it was just one of those days. In my mind, I knew that if I got out and about I'd feel better about things, but it was just not happening. The electricity came back on around 1 and I sent out some resumes before tackling 9 miles on the treadmill. I felt better after that, exercise certainly gets those endorphins going. Sadly it still doesn't solve all of lifes problems.

So yeah, that's that I guess. Today is a new day with a whole new world of possibilities and a positive outlook is key to happiness. Look at me using some affirmations. Go out and get 'em Aimee.

No comments: