Thursday, March 08, 2007

I should have started this blog a long time ago

I've been running for several years and always mean to keep a running log. But, like many things, it just kept slipping through the cracks.

I just finished the LA Marathon (3:49 Thank you very much) and I'm presently training for my next race in April, Wild Miles.

I guess I should let you know a little about myself. I'm a 26 year old woman in LA via Boston via Philadelphia via Trenton. Trenton Makes the World Takes, my friend.

I was always an athlete. I played soccer, softball, volleyball and field hockey. When I got to high school I focused on field hockey and soccer. When I tore my ACL skiing that focus switched to running.

I became an avid runner when I went to college in Boston. I love that city. I'm totally envious of any runners in that area. There are so many wonderful trails and city streets to take scenic runs on. If I can remember my routes I'll post about them.

My first big race was the Boston Marathon. I ran (unregistered) my senior year of college. From then on, I was hooked. I've done a bunch of races since then. I love racing. I enjoy a good marathon myself, but I also enjoy smaller races that I can do with friends and family.

This year I decided to branch out and try some new races. That's where I got the bug to do Wild Miles. We shall see how it goes.

Alright, I'm going to try and set up this blog a little better now. I just wanted to get started for the moment. Happy running to all.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Thanks for posting on my blog and welcome to BlogLand!! I often get sidetracked on my blog talking about travels and beer and sports... but the blog has seen me through my first two half marathons, anchoring the last 11.2 miles of a marathon relay, and a bunch of other 5Ks and 10Ks... not to mention 30 lbs I have dropped along the way when I wasn't drinking beer. I am hoping that a single male runner will read about my antics one day and realize he cannot live without me in his life. Oh well- til then...

Your running history is very impressive... and a great time at L.A. last week- you are just off the mark to BQ- and then you can run Boston as a registered runner. I too LOVE Boston for so many reasons, one of them being the running community. I travel every week for work so I will be up there right before the marathon this year. Woohoo!

Keep up the good work- I will bookmark your page and check in!

Hollywood said...

Thanks for the greeting and thanks for leading the way with your blog!

A marathon relay, huh? I have to check one of those out. There's something really appealing about relays. I look forward to reading about it on your blog and participating in them as well.

Don't think I haven't thought about trying to qualify for Boston. I'm not a huge racer. I'm more of a just do it and have fun. But, damn, Boston is just out of my reach. Oh well, I'll keep chugging.

If you can, you should stay in Boston for the Marathon. It's a blast. At the very least, enjoy your runs up there. Say hi to the ducklings for me.

Jessica DeLine said...

Thanks for the blog link. Just stopping by to say hi! Maybe I'll "run" into you at Malibu Creek Next weekend..