Friday, March 16, 2007

March 16th (1.90 mile trail)

To help ease into trail running, I went to the closest, most familiar trail I know: Runyon Canyon. Say what you will about Runyon, it's crowded, it's ugly, it's hot, I like it. Why? Doggies. I don't have a dog, so Runyon is my fix.

Today, I decided to weave up the long, less steep path and come down the breakneck way. It took me 13:30 minutes to reach the bench at the top and only 7 minutes to get back down. Considering how steep it is, I think I done good.

My pace wasn't the best, but I'm still reving back up. I'm going to the gym in a little while to polish off the rest of the days miles and to lift. I'm hoping that I haven't lost too much off my pace. Only time and the treadmill will tell.

I hit the treadmill. 4 miles @ 6.5 mph. Not too shabby. I didn't want to push myself too hard as I have a soccer game tomorrow morning and a group run on Sunday. No sense being sore going into either of those things. I'm sure come Monday my thighs will be screaming.

No comments: