Friday, March 09, 2007

Boston Running Routes

They say visualization is a good motivational tool. When I feel a little lazy and don't want to go running, these are the routes that I remember. I'm sure the mileage will be a little off on all of these as they aren't all on paved roads and for some reason Gmap does not like the trails in this area. Also, most of the routes start at BU. Sorry suckers.

The Esplanade 8.73 miles. The Esplanade is nice most times of the year (it can get a little icky in winter, but what doesn't) but, spring is the time to go. The flowers start blooming and the ducklings will come out. MAKE WAY FOR DUCKLINGS!!

The Pond Loop This is a highly inaccuracte representation of this loop. There are a ton of trails that snake through the Leverett and Willow Pond area. It's a nice place to explore and since it's between two pretty busy thouroughfares, it's tough to get lost. Note: If you want to lengthen this run, continue passed Jamaica Pond to the Arboretum. There are a ton of trails in the Arboretum, so get lost for a little while. It's a most delightful.

The Doctor's Office Loop 7.77 miles Named because I didn't know where the Brookline Resivour was until I had to go passed it to get to my doctors office. This is a nice safe loop. The beauty of it is that it hugs the T-tracks, so if you ever get tired or have to get home to make a pit stop, it's convenient to do so.

The Commons Loop 6.88 miles. If you want to extend this loop follow the Freedom Trail when you get to Boston Common. Also, it's probably not good advice, but I always enjoyed running in the Public Alleys in Boston. More rats, less people.

Those are the major ones I can think of. Now my mind is racing with all the little detours I used to take. How good Zaftig's used to smell when I'd run by it. Those damn ducklings. Aww, they were precious.

No comments: