Sunday, March 11, 2007

March 11th (9 miles?)

The elements were against me this morning. Staying out to 4:30 am + springing forward an hour + sore throat + laryngitis + sore thighs from bull riding = slight hesitation before running. Slight hesitation. But, once I lace my sneakers up I'm on autopilot.

As mentioned before, gmap pedometer and trails are not so much friends. So, my jaunt through Core Creek Park today was based on time (90 minutes) and what I consider my "I know I'm running faster than this, but I hate to give myself credit I don't deserve" pace (6 mph). You do the math.

I hadn't been to Core Creek Park in forever. In all honesty, I meant to go to Tyler Park and I thought I was going to Tyler Park until I got to the entrance and saw the sign. I guess I'm used to being around Core Creek anyway since you can see it from the hospital windows at St. Mary's.

It was colder than the weather report predicted, so the park wasn't very crowded at all. There were a few other joggers, some dog lovers and the geese. True, they were not ducklings (damn, I'm obsessed with ducklings about as much as I'm obsessed with pandas) but they'll do. I'll take geese any day to the mountain lions, rattlesnakes and homeless people that hang out in the LA Wilderness.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Ah, another Southern Californian who apparently has a Boston connection (me, too). I went to BU and worked on State Street thereafter. And we even use the same Blogger template.

Looking forward to reading more.

Hollywood said...

I knew I couldn't be the only one. I look forward to checking out your blog ma'am!