Sunday, March 18, 2007

March 18th (12 miles)

Damn gmap pedometer get on Mission Bay. Just like Boston, this has to be a fairly common trail route so how 'bout you make it easier to track? How 'bout it?

I skipped out on the Corn Beef and Hash at a friends' house so that I'd be plenty rested to meet my Wild Miles folks for a 12 mile training run. We ran a 9 min. mile pace which is pretty good. It's the longest/fastest pace I've done in a few weeks. Also, my stomach was a rumblin' and I stopped twice to use the bathroom which cut down on our time. I am such a girl.

I like my Wild Miles team for the pure fact that we are as hodge podge as you can get. Presently, we range in age from 24 to 65, span several ethnicities and include both genders. We're still looking for a few more runners, so who knows what we'll show up with at the starting line. Awesomeness, that's what we'll start with. And a few more runners.

One of the runners couldn't make it today and there are two women who contacted me to sign up, but they were both running Catalina. We're looking for two more runners still. I'm a little nervous cause I want 10 runners, but I know that we'll find a way if we have to it with 8. I'll be driving the van most of the way, but we'll do it.

After the drive home, my legs are a little cramped. I'm already in my pajamas and it's only 4 o'clock. I wonder what's on 'Lifetime'?

No comments: