Friday, March 23, 2007

March 22nd and 23rd (8 miles and 8 miles)

Damn, I have to remember to update on a daily basis so I can remember what the hell I did.

Yesterday I did some speed work in the evening. 8 miles total with 5 at 8:05/mile.

Today, after a morning of commuting and doctor's appointments, I jumped rope for a little while. Then I biked it up to Ye Olde 24 hour fitness to run 8 miles at 8:57/mile.

My pace is definitely getting back to where I'd like it to be. I want to push really had for Wild Miles. It's been awhile since I've actually run a shorter race. By shorter, I mean the legs obviously in total it's the longest race I've done. But the three legs I have are spread out over 2 days. There's a 3.7, a 6.5 and a 7.5. That's if everything goes according to plan.

Oh, we've also picked up some new runs. Thanks to everyone who contacted me and was interested. If you didn't make it onto our team, there's a ton of other teams that still need to be filled up, so check the message board for Wild Miles.

I also want to make sure that after this weekend, my two-a-days are two running workouts. Though I'm definitely getting my blood pumping with jumping rope, soccer and tennis, I need to make sure that I'm running enough to be ready. So Monday, when soccer and tennis are by the wayside I'll be doing two runs. Good times.

Time for a shower.

No comments: