Monday, March 12, 2007

"A man can't breathe, he can't fight."

Thank you Terry Silver for that pearl of wisdom. Even though I work out at the 24 hour fitness and not Cobra Kai, I can assure you that the same can be said about running.

The combination or running a marathon, hopping on a plane and ending up in a cold climate has given my immune system a run for it's money. This weekend, I let it all ride when I went out to have a good time. I paid for it yesterday, but I'm totally paying for it today.

The laryngitis I had has worsened. I had a conference call so I was on the phone for about an hour. Aside from that, I whispered most of the day. It turns out, that's a big no-no.

The sore throat is really swollen. I also started getting a stuffy nose which turned into post nasal drip. I woke up in the middle of the night cause I was having trouble breathing.

Needless to say, I won't be exerting myself much today. I'm heading out for a quick mile jog around the block. Then some hot tea, a hot shower and some OJ. If you have a sore throat, stuffy nose, head cold trick that you know of pass it on.

No comments: