Sunday, March 25, 2007

March 24th and 25th (8 miles and 1 mile)

Damn, weekends are busy.

I had a great time playing soccer this weekend, but it most certainly wore me out. At the beginning of the game, we were short 2 players. Before the end of the first half we went down another player as one of our defenders was hurt. Then it turned into a blood bath both literally and figuratively. I think we ended up losing 5-0 and three of our players (myself included) were bleeding by the end of the game.

It's a good thing I did my 8 mile run before hand.

Sunday, I was a lazy lump. I was sore from a the hard 90 minutes of soccer I put in and so I switched my long run to tomorrow and I did a mile today.

I'm sad to admit that I think I'm resigned to my treadmill running. I like it. I'm going to still try and squeeze in some trails, but the gym is right down the street and I have to drive to the trails. Filling up my tank with over $40 worth of gas yesterday has me hopping on my bike and going to the gym.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Treadmills! I'm appauled. My venture into health club type gyms ended with a pulled hamstring. The cause was humiliating. I stay away from treadmills whenever possible.

Hollywood said...

I know, I know. But Los Angeles isn't exactly the prettiest city to live in. That's when I got hooked on the treadmill.

When I lived in Boston, I wouldn't go near a gym.

Plus, I can watch '24' while I run. That gets my blood pumping double time.