Friday, March 09, 2007

Product Reviews

If I were a Pharaoh, I would be buried with the following products.

1) Goo Gone - Grass stains on your shorts? Sweat stains on your shirt? Blood from your nipples on your singlet? Goo Gone laughs at these stains. Then it eats them alive. I have never in my life been so content with a cleaning product. If I could use this instead of body wash, I would.

2) Champion Sports Bras - Sadly, I'm not as rich as Oprah and can't afford her sports bra. However, I think Champion does a damn good job. They're also sold at Target. So, I wait for them to go on sale and then I snatch those bitches up. They're worth it. My breasts and the bras.

3) Body Glide No one likes chafing. I chafe so much on my bra-line that I feel like I will be sawed in half. Perhaps I would if it weren't for Bodyglide. Just rub on this stuff before you work out and you'll be chafless.

4) Brooks I'd never heard of Brooks until a lovely man from Marathon Sports laced up my first pair. Now I'm hooked. Aside from my ridiculous bloody toenail under my old bloody toenail, these shoes have never caused me a problem. I don't blame them for the bloody toenail either. I think I got that when I was running with Adidas shoes. Yes, they added the extra layer of bloody toenail but, it was just a matter of time.

5) Spark - This is a great site if you're tracking calories and trying to lose weight. It's got a really good community message board with excellent support groups.

6) Footsie Pajamas - If you're an avid runner you probably have a low pulse and are cold all the time. If not, then I'm just a freak. Nights are the worst. Though these pajamas will never win any prizes for sex appeal, they will keep you warm and toasty on cold, cold nights.

The following products are ON NOTICE meaning they have a strike or two against them. One more and they are out.

1) Victoria's Secret - A little while ago, Victoria's Secret came out with a new line of sports bras. I've been quite satisfied with the one that my roomies got me for my birthday. That was until the strap came undone during the LA Marathon. The good times that I had with this bra are now smudged by one incident. Tear.

2) Imodium - You've kept me together so well for so long during races. But, this past race when I needed you, you let me down. Around Mile 19 I made a pit stop. Something I don't like to do. I have no doubt our relationship is strong enough to work through this. Let's go back to the way things were.

3) Fitday PC In terms of accurately tracking calories, I'll take you to Spark any day. However, the fact that you haven't upgraded to have a Mac version upsets me. I have a Mac and I'd like to use Fitday on it but, I can't. Boo on you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must say that I never thought of using goo gone to get rid of pesky stains. I am going to get a bottle of that stuff. I also love Brooks shoes for trail running. I didn't know about them until a guy at the running store put them on me. Now it's Saucony for the street and Brooks for the trails.

Hollywood said...

I've never used Goo Gone for anything else. Reading the bottle it's uses are limitless. Except maybe as a sports drink. I'd steer clear of that.

Anonymous said...

I suspect that Goo Gone would taste remarkably similar to Heed. Ick.