Friday, March 09, 2007

March 8th (2.18 miles)

If you haven't noticed, I've been recording my miles since I turned 26. I'm a geek, what can I say. Most of the time I run at the gym, especially when I come home to Pennsylvania in the winter. I'm trying to break away from that habit for a few reasons.

1) Pennsylvania has much nicer scenery than Los Angeles. I'm not used to the cold, but I'm running. I'll build warmth. I can be so silly sometime.

2) Weekly gym memberships cost more than my yearly renewal at 24 hour fitness. Also the equipment and hours at the Pennsbury Racquet Club are lacking, the LA Fitness is too crowded, and the folks at Newtown Athletic Club are homophobic (to be fair, I can only confirm that the woman who signed me up for the pass was homophobic as she told me "they don't encourage those types of folks to join.")

3)I should be running more outside in LA. Staying on a treadmill all the time has different benefits than surface roads. Also, with Wild Miles coming up, I have to conquer different terrains. Awesome. I'll get to wear my "Amazing Race" style headlamp too.

I'm sure we all know the beauty of Gmaps Pedometer. If not, check it out. It's a great source to track how far you're running.

This was my March 8th route. Nothing too exciting. It's loop I used to do in high school before I got into longer runs. It was the perfect length for a girl who's easing back into running from a few day hiatus.

No comments: