Monday, March 26, 2007

March 26th (3 in the morning 11 in the afternoon)

I did get outside to run today. It was very long, just a jog around the block. But I did it. Yeah. And I did two a days.

On my way to the gym, I stopped at the 7-11 to get some water. The clerk, who I see all the time, asked me how many miles I was running today. I told him eleven. He replied with an "only eleven." This fascinates me.

I always find it interesting how distorted peoples ideas of distance can be. I think eleven miles is a pretty healthy distance. It's like running from my house to the ocean. I guess people are so used to driving that they don't realize the effort it would take to run that same distance. I also think that some folks who haven't exercised for years think that they can just pick up where they left off when they were a high school soccer player. This makes me chuckle.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Only eleven? Only eleven? You should have thrown down the gauntlet and told him to MAN up for a physical challenge? (remember physical challenges from Double Dare?)

I totally know what you mean... my coworkers are desensitized to my running now and always ask me about my upcoming races. One of them actually said, "Oh, well that is just a half marathon. Not like it's a real marathon."

I laughed.

But what I wanted to say was, "Yeah beee-yotch... and I would like to see you run from one end of the parking lot to the other."

But I didn't.

Her and 7-11 man could be relay partners!!! :)