Thursday, April 05, 2007

Cha-cha-cha-changes

One this mornings' run (yeah!) I started rethinking the training regimen that I had created for myself for Wild Miles and realized that it may have been a little ambitious. I think that I was trying to change too many things about my workouts (locations, number, etc.) that it became a little intimidating. So, now I'm going to dumb it down.

The new plan is still two a days (I think it's important that I get used to running twice a day as I have two legs on Saturday) however, I'm going to start with fewer miles and concentrate on building speed. I'm starting out with 3 mile runs in the morning and afternoon. Every other day, I'm going to add a mile to one of the runs. We'll see how that works out.

You'll soon discover that I'm wonderful at making plans, but not so wonderful at following through. I hope that changes. I'm like the car rental company in that episode of "Seinfeld." I know how to take the reservation, I just don't know how to hold the reservation.

No comments: