Sunday, April 22, 2007

All running and no food makes Aimee a tired girl

I guess the point should be made that it wasn't my intention to not eat until 5 o'clock last night, it just sort of happened.

I got up in the morning to check on hedgie before heading to my soccer game. Had everything gone well, I intended to stop and grab a granola bar on my way to the field. Can you guess how things went? Right. Ms. Zelda was trying to hibernate again so the time I'd alloted to stopping for snacks had to be reassigned to making Zelda better. I felt really bad about leaving her to go to my soccer game, but she seemed to be in better spirits and moving around, so I figured I'd be in the clear.

It was during the soccer game, I think right after I got clocked in the jaw (it was a complete accident, but it still sucks) that I realized how light headed I was. This was a little strange. I mean, I've been sick, but I've been feeling better. That's when I realized that I hadn't eaten anything all day. However, I didn't want to let my team down, so I played most of the full 90 minutes trying not to show my obvious fatigue.

After the game, I hit the gym for a quick jog of 4 miles before heading back to Paul's to check on Zelda. She was doing much better. I sat down and got some work done and before I knew it, it was time to get going to the movies.

Driving to the movies I was once again reminded that I hadn't eaten. Luckily the theatre is right next to the Farmer's Market, so I grabbed a quick bit before heading to meet the ladies.

Moral of the story: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day because you never know when you're going to remember to eat again.

2 comments:

Faithful Soles said...

Aimee, your post was great and reminds me of all the times I worked and did other things throughout the day and just simply forgot to eat. Good luck at the Wild Miles, that sounds like a very fun event.

If you get a chance, please visit my running web site, Faithful Soles. I have a categorized and searchable running Blog Database on there and would appreciate it if you would link your blog to it. I think what you have to say in your blog will be very interesting reading for our members. Thanks and again, good luck a the Wild Miles.

Anonymous said...

I hope you're doing well!