Friday, April 20, 2007

Blisters + virus + more blisters = Aimee really worried she's not going to be ready for Wild Miles

I thought I was in the clear after the sushi passed, but there were more plans up the pipe. Plans I do not care for. Friday morning, I walked home from my boyfriend's house. It's a really nice walk, probably 2.5 miles. No problem. However, my sandals, which for 2 years have fit perfectly, decided that they didn't want to fit right anymore. The result, these strange cresent moon shaped blisters on the back sole of my foot.

Don't get me wrong, I love blisters. I love popping them. I love it. In my next life, I'm going to be a dermatologist cause blisters and pimples are fascinating in my book. But these blisters were different. They were placed in such a fashion that I could barely walk without excruciating pain. Every step I'd press down on them and they were on fire.

After they'd gone down a little, I was ready to get back to a run on Sunday but I caught a virus. My temperature was a chilly 94.7 degrees and my body ached. My head was swimming. All I did all Sunday, Monday and Tuesday was sleep.

Needless to say, when I woke up Wednesday, I was pumped that I felt better. I had a job interview and I was packed and ready to go running after. That plan got dereailed when the shoes I was wearing cut up my feet/ heels to the point where there was blood everywhere. Thank God, I wore pants. I would have felt like a complete ass if I'd worn a skirt and the back of my legs were stained red. Yesterday the blisters were still to painful to touch. Today however is a new day.

I've got some hard core running planned for the rest of this week and the upcoming week. There's a lot of lost time to be made up. I just hope I'm ready for the race.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Ouch. My feet hurt after just reading this :( Hope you are feeling better!!